Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Gift of Adoption application, and the Auction.


I have been meaning to update this for a couple of weeks...

We found out that we didn't get the Gift of Adoption grant BUT we were able to resubmit our application so that they will be able to reconsider us next month on November 7th. Whew! We're super hopeful that it will work out and we can have a chance at that grant!




The adoption auction went very well! We received about $1,400 that we were able to put into our adoption fund. :) We can't say enough how thankful we are to all of the amazing shops and friends who donated the items in the auction. If you want to see the auction album, you can still go to: www.tinyurl.com/maheradoption and the links to all of the shops etsy accounts are on the photos.


We are down to the last couple of months(ish) of waiting to meet this baby. :) I'm so excited. TIME IS FLYING BY and I'm trying to make sure we have all our ducks in a row. We just started our home study update in preparation for the ICPC (interstate compact for the placement of the child) that we'll need when we go to Florida and to bring him home. 

I can't wait for December, but I'm also thankful that we have time to get everything done without running around like chickens with our heads cut off. I mean, I wouldn't MIND running around if it meant meeting him a little earlier... but I can wait. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment