
Yesterday I mailed out these books stacks of paperwork for an adoption grant from Gifts Of Adoption (hoping!) and an application to an adoption agency in Indiana. We're still waiting and being shown to expectant mothers through our agency and an attorney (soon also though that agency in Indiana too).
Sunday my husband Britt and I were holding a friends baby for a while, and someone walked in and asked if the baby was ours. WHAM tears hit me. I know, silly right!? I've decided that adoption hormones are a THING. Because they've been making this week hard. It really probably has more to do with the "this adoption is never going to happen!" sad thought in the back of my mind.
Adoption hormones. It's a thing, folks.
I think it's awesome that your family wants to adopt. My husband & I have 6 biological children and want to adopt a newborn domestically. Hoping things work out for you as well as our family. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Yolanda, we're excited to be doing it finally!
Delete